If you are a guitar-enthusiast-wannabe, then trying out this book entitled The Blues Guitar Handbook by Adam St. James is great idea for you.
But of course, you need a guitar instrument like blueridge guitar first so you can apply the best learning techniques from this book. This book will absolutely provide you techniques in finger style acoustic blues, bottleneck, post-war electric blues, jazz blues, and modern blues-rock.
The following are list of what you could expect from this book:
• A step-by-step course in playing the blues, from 12-bar to advanced soloing
• Advice on guitars, strings, picks, and amps
• Practical guidance on reading both TAB and traditional notation
• Essential theory for blues guitar
• Instruction on bends, harmonics, tremolo, and tapping
• Extensive chord and scale diagrams
• Complete songs to listen to and play
• A CD of the books key examples and exercises
• An encyclopedic history of blues guitar and its players